The Stubbington Green Runners Social committee is very active in organising fun events and post run socials throughout the year to compliment the training and competitive runs. 2016 was an active year for the club with many events and social gatherings. We will be looking to repeat these events in 2017 but are always open to suggestions and volunteers to help organise new ones too.
Events will be posted on the calendar under the News section of this website as a handy reference. Details of events will appear here and on our Facebook page as they are arranged.
UPCOMING 2017 SOCIAL EVENTS...
SATURDAY 11th NOV 2017- 2017 Awards Night
The menu for the evening is:
- Non Vegetarian option: Coq au Riesling (Chicken and Mushroom in a white wine sauce) or Beef in a red wine sauce Wild Rice Green salad
- Vegetarian option: Roast sweet potato & onion tart with goat’s cheese
- Dessert: Profiteroles with a warm choc sauce/Zesty Lemon Cheesecake with Fruit Coulis
SATURDAY 23rd DEC 2017-Mulled Wine/ Christams Handicap
- This is an event that all members of the club can participate on an equal basis, start running anytime you like, just aim to be at the finish at 11am. Fancy dress is optional and a wonderful selection of last year’s leftovers will be on offer for prizes.
- Start and Finish at the corner of Cowes Lane and Hook Park Road (a Reccie is Advisable)
- Entry is FREE and all participants /supporters will enjoy a cup of hot mulled wine and a mince pie at the finish and there will be prizes for first male and first female.
- To give us an idea of numbers could you let Nick know if you’re running the handicap and if your supporting fan club requires hot alcoholic nourishment and carbo loading!
- Please Contact Nick at email@example.com.
- Rules are simple , you may take the route instructions but NO watch or Gps. Closest finisher to 11am wins .
- Did we mention Prizes for both Male and Female finisher and Fancy Dress winners
- The Route is available to download here