Lucy May BSc (Hons) Sports Therapist
I graduated from London Metropolitan University in 2008 and I am a full member of The Society of Sports Therapists. I do mobile treatments, mainly in the evenings and weekends starting from £15.
What is Sports Therapy?
Sports Therapy is an aspect of healthcare that is specifically concerned with the prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of the patient back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness. A Sports Therapist can:
- Utilise sports and exercise principles to optimise performance, preparation and injury prevention programmes.
- Provide the immediate care of injuries and basic life support in a recreational, training & competitive environment.
- Assess, treat and, where appropriate, refer on for specialist advice and intervention.
- Provide appropriate sport and remedial massage in a sport & exercise context.
- Plan and implement appropriate rehabilitation programmes.
Sport and Exercise Therapy is not just about Sports Massage. However, Sports Therapists will possess massage skills that are an integral part of their scope of practice.
Sports Therapists are not Physiotherapists, but Sports Therapists will apply "physiotherapy" skills because physiotherapy is defined as "the treatment of disease, injury or deformity by physical methods including massage, heat treatment, electricity and exercise, rather than drugs or surgery"
Please contact me for any further details or appointments:
email@example.com or 07731746953